What better way to show we love our neighbors than to go out into the community and help where we can. Join us on Saturday, September 28th, to help with 8 different types of projects, off- and on-campus. All ages welcome. Please read the project descriptions below and let us know if you can help.
1 OAKHURST BLOCK (OFF-CAMPUS): Help the Clermont Police Department continue building relationships by cooking & serving hot dogs, plus various projects/cleaning yards and inside needs.
2 MEALS ON WHEELS RECIPIENTS (OFF-CAMPUS): Bush trimming, weed eating, tree trimming, housekeeping, laundry done at a laundry mat and pressure washing a walk way
3 MOBILE HOME: Painting & stair repair
4 PASS OUT WATER (OFF-CAMPUS): Pass out FREE bottled water at a local soccer field to families who will be watching soccer games.
5. ADULT CARD PARTY (ON-CAMPUS): Make handmade cards to be sent out for encouragement for people who are in the hospital or assisted living, submit prayer requests, or recipients of our Meals On Wheels ministry.
6. CUT & STUFF TEDDY BEARS (ON-CAMPUS): Use a pattern to cut out and stuff teddy bears for South Lake Hospital and Clermont Police Department. The bears will be given to children patients and in times of crisis. If you have a sewing machine and can sew bears either at home or can bring to church this day, please sign up to sew!
7. CRAFTS (ON-CAMPUS): Make crafts from a pattern and assemble craft bags which will be used at the United Methodist Children’s Home
8. TREAT BAGS & CARDS (ON-CAMPUS): Make treat bags & homemade cards for United Methodist Children’s Home & Meals on Wheels recipients.
NOW COLLECTING SHELF/BOXED MILK
We are currently helping to collect shelf/boxed milk so South Lake County kids can have milk with their cereal instead of water. If you would like to donate boxed milk, please bring it church on Sunday or drop off at the church office during the week. Donations will be made to Faith Neighborhood Center.
FIND, FEED & RESTORE
$22/month for 8 months helps one homeless family get into a trailer. Join with the FUMC church family in being a part of this mission to help the homeless in our neighborhood. Click here to donate/sponsor a family. 25 sponsors needed per family.
MEALS ON WHEELS:
- Drivers Needed!! There is a new route being added. Please email: foodministry@Fumc-Clermont.org
FAITH NEIGHBORHOOD CENTER:
- Faith Neighborhood Center is always in need of food donations, the pantry is empty. They are in need of tuna, peanut butter, canned chicken and spaghetti sauce. Please bring to the church or the church office.
UM CHILDREN'S HOME:
- This ministry coordinates, supports, and contributes annually to the children's home, both financially and physically with love and sincerity to meet the children's needs and wishes. The children's home is 97 years old and is in constant need of rehabilitation, supplies, and physical help for the 125-plus children, ranging in ages from infant to 17 years old, who are in dire situations.
- We are always looking for volunteers to help with the Christmas Angel project and the "Day on Campus." This is a great way to give back to our community!
Please contact Carolyn Kohlenhoefer and Trish Benedict , our UM Children's Home Rep, by calling the church office: 352-394-2412