The supply list for the UMCOR hurricane buckets can be found by clicking HERE.
VOLUNTEER IN SCHOOLS:
MASCOTTE ELEMENTARY: Volunteers need to be 18 and older to help with listed below:
- Reading with a child in their classroom. *Must be background checked to volunteer on the school campus, see below.
- Book Fair
- Family Picnic
- *Background check required with all volunteer activites with children on school campus…begin process NOW (it takes 2 months)…see below for how to get started. Email: WeCare@Fumc-Clermont.org
- Mascotte Elementary Volunteering Process
- Mascotte Elementary Volunteering Policy
- Frequently Asked Questions
MEALS ON WHEELS:
PACK BACKPACKS FOR KIDS (Sawgrass Bay Elementary):
Pack food for kids’ backpacks (families of all ages welcome) most Monday nights at 6pm in the Wesley Center. Here is the packing schedule:
FAITH NEIGHBORHOOD CENTER:
- Faith Neighborhood Center is always in need of food donations, the pantry is empty. They are in need of tuna, peanut butter, canned chicken and spaghetti sauce. Please bring to the church or the church office.
UM CHILDREN'S HOME:
- This ministry coordinates, supports, and contributes annually to the children's home, both financially and physically with love and sincerity to meet the children's needs and wishes. The children's home is 97 years old and is in constant need of rehabilitation, supplies, and physical help for the 125-plus children, ranging in ages from infant to 17 years old, who are in dire situations.
- We are always looking for volunteers to help with the Christmas Angel project and the "Day on Campus." This is a great way to give back to our community!
Please contact Ashley Hughes, our UM Children's Home Rep at childrenshome@Fumc-Clermont.org.
Do you volunteer in the community? We want to know! If you volunteer outside of your volunteerism for the church please share at volunteercentral@FUMC-Clermont.org.
What is a Salty Servant? :
The image of being a “salty servant” comes from Jesus in Matthew 5:13.
“‘Let me tell you why you are here. You’re here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? You’ve lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage.’” (The Message)
Here is our working definition for a Salty Servant:
A salty servant is someone who joins Jesus in service to persons outside their congregation for at least one hour during the previous week in one of four ways:
• Hands-on mercy ministry alleviating the suffering of others;
• Justice ministry addressing systems that cause suffering;
• Earth-care as a steward of God’s creation; or
• Relationship building to ease the emotional or spiritual needs of others.
*Please call the church office at 352-394-2412 if you would like to discuss any serving opportunity or if you have any questions.